Topics include: Contact, Bidding, Reserves, Premium, Tax, Payment, Pick Up/Shipping, Condition, Issue Resolution, Happy Link, Mailing List.
Email: email@example.com (Note: Email address is KeystoneAuctions@gmail.com (add the “S” after Auction). We have NO association with the owner of the KeystoneAuction@gmail.com nor do we see those emails.)
Call 717-755-8954 or 717-850-2513. Visit (by appt): 218 E. Market St., York, PA 17403
Pick Ups are by appointment only at the Auction Houses weekdays, Monday – Friday 9:30 – 4pm but call ahead to schedule. (If you need weekend, the shipper allows pick ups on Saturdays for a small fee.) Scroll down to the sections Pick Ups and Shipping for more details.
We are continuing to hold our auctions online only. If you bid online through Live Auctioneers, Invaluable/Auction Zip, or BidSquare, you will register in their system. (If you are a new bidder, you may need to be approved. Reasons you might not be automatically approved include one or more disputes with other auction houses. If you are new and need approval, give us a call 717-755-8954.) Once approved, you can leave bids online in advance if you cannot participate on the day of auction. On the day of auction, we open real-time bidding from the online platforms/floor. You can counter bid online real-time.
Please review the bidding procedures with the online bidding platform of your choice so you can win. At the end of the auction, the systems will email an invoice and we will send follow up copies until it is paid.
*Please note that we go through 70- 100 lots per hour so the speed of your internet connection and computer can have an affect on the success of your counter bids. ** Also note that if you wish to retract a left bid before the auction starts, reach out to the online platform – it must be done at least 2 hours before the start of the auction. We do not have access to remove online left bids. When you are bidding online and we are “online only”, if you see a competing “Floor Bid” that is the other platform competing bid.
Issues with Live Auctioneers / Customer Support per Live Auctioneers, “we advise bidders to reach out via chat and/or to send an email to our bidder support team at firstname.lastname@example.org as we do not have bidder support over the phone.”
- Occasionally, someone asks about retracting a bid and it must be done before the auction starts. Live Auctioneers says: “In order to retract your bid, simply log onto your LiveAuctioneers account. Navigate to and select the ‘My Bids’ link, located in the upper right quadrant. Once on this page, find the item you wish to retract your bid on and select the gray ‘Retract’ option in the lower right corner of the item. Follow the steps to retract your bid. Please note that absentee bids can be retracted only up until 2 hours prior to the listed auction start time.“
Issues with Invaluables/Auction Zip / Customer Support, write to email@example.com.
New online bidder? we need to approve your bidding request, which we do in the days preceding the auction. If you find that you are not automatically approved before the auction, please call us at 717-755-8954 so we can find and discuss your request. (We may not approve you if you have open disputes from prior auctions with us or others, or if you do not have a credit card on file.)
On occasion, some lots may be offered subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and Keystone Auctions LLC below which the lot will not be sold. In most cases, the reserve will be set below the estimated range, but in no case will it exceed the estimates listed. A representative of Keystone Auctions LLC will execute such reserves by bidding for the consignor. In any event and whether or not a lot is subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
This is a fee added to the hammer price to cover administrative and online costs. It is listed in the details of each online auction.
Sales Tax and Fees
(1) A 3% credit card processing fee will be charged on the invoice total online; it will be waived for cash or check payment received within 7 days. On Invaluable/Auction Zip invoices, they add this fee to the Taxes and Fees line on invoice. On Live Auctioneers, this fee has its own line.
(2) NOTE that Live Auctioneers started in October 2020 to add various State sales taxes if you are in a select State and have this Info: “As a result of recent and ongoing legislation, most U.S. states now require businesses to collect and remit sales tax on online purchases made from their states. Regardless of where sellers are located, they are required to charge tax on internet orders if your state mandates it. Each state has different requirements and thresholds on what is taxed, and how much. Note that purchases shipped to or picked up in states that do not impose sales tax will not be subject to tax. Sales tax will not apply to purchases made by bidders with valid tax exemption certificates. If you have a valid tax exemption certificate, upload it to your LiveAuctioneers account to ensure your purchases are not subject to tax.” **More about Live Auctioneers sales tax collections: CLICK HERE **Instead of emailing your form to LA, upload it yourself with these instructions: UPLOADING INFO
Payment in General
Payment is due within 7 days of the auction unless special payment arrangements are made. Payment may be made with cash, personal/business check, credit card, money orders, cashier’s checks, and WePay. Bank wires may be accepted for amounts greater than $250. (Keystone Auctions may require a wire transfer for some transactions / non-US buyer spending more than $500). * A 3% credit card processing fee will be charged on the invoice total online; it will be waived for cash or check payment received within 7 days.
Keystone Auctions DOES NOT accept PayPal, BidPay, or Western Union wires. *Note* Due to fraudulent transactions Keystone Auctions may require cash, money-order or wire transfers for gold, silver and coins purchases.
Non Payment: If payment is not received timely, Keystone Auction will file a dispute with the online platform. We do this for several reasons, one of which is to recoup a portion of the online platform’s premium that we are charged on each sale. Once your payment is received, the dispute should disappear or we have to remove manually. Some online platforms allow us to bill your credit card on file, we will call or send an email notifying you if we are going to do this, and then do it.
Purchases paid for with personal or business checks may not be released until payment has cleared. Checks may not be post dated, are deposited the same day, and a service charge of $50 will be charged for all returned checks. We use the York County District Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program.
For the benefit of our consignors who we promise to pay 30 days after the auction , Keystone Auctions reserves the right to re-sell items that are not paid within 25 days of the auction, without notice. Thanks to our buyers who pay promptly!! There is usually one buyer who pays late or not at all; please do not be that type of buyer. Call us to discuss options, we want to work with you.
Specific payment details will also be printed on your online invoice, please read “the fine print.”
Pick-up Information: To save you time and allow us to give you the attention you deserve, please call in advance of pick up and schedule an appointment. Our Preferred Pick up days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10-4pm. Please call ahead so that we do not transfer the item to the shipper. If picking up, we also need that to happen within 2 weeks of the auction. We will charge a $5/day storage fee for items not picked up timely but call us, we would rather you have the item.
Please bring your own packing material if possible. Call 717-755-8954 if you need special arrangements. Auction-Specific or variations to these procedures will be printed on your online invoice, please read “the fine print.”
If you are having someone pick up on your behalf, provide us with the name of that person or shipping company and let them know to call us and make an appointment for pick up.
The Location of our Auction House is 218 E Market Street, York PA 17403. Access is from the driveway beside the building. enter from Market Street or Mason Alley around back but NOTE that there is an overhang that will prevent a large truck from going straight through. There are also 2 telephone poles to dodge. Keystone Auctions LLC reserves the right to hold shipment of product until checks clear (personal or business). For large item delivery, consider www.uship.com.
Shipping / 3rd Party
Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer and is not included. Our apologies for not being able to offer in-house shipping but our preferred shippers have all the skills, materials, and knowledge needed. We do not have input into the cost of shipping. You are free to make your own arrangements. (We cannot refund you if you choose not to ship your item but we can hold it a bit longer if you are working to find a shipping solution. Just ask.)
As a courtesy to our customers, Keystone Auctions will AUTOMATICALLY transfer the items purchased to one of the shippers listed below after payment has been received, unless you provide us with alternate instructions AT TIME OF PAYMENT. Due to volume, we send items to them in batches of about 50 orders two to three times a week starting on the Tuesday after the auction (Monday is printing paid invoice day). *Please allow a week or two for them to receive and start preparing the quote. If time is of the essence, please call 717-755-8954 or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can expedite the transfer and make a note on the invoice to expedite the quote.
The shipper will provide you with a shipping quote using multiple shippers/options. Quotes generally will not be provided “sight unseen” because they need the item to assess size, weight, fragility, and destination. Shipping costs are to be paid directly to the third party shipper. Shipper options:
- Live Auctioneer customer order are sent primarily to: Postal Connections, Store 209 (USPS/FedEx/DHL), 211 Pauline Drive, York, Pa 17402, Phone 717-718-1773, Fax 717-718-9010, Email: email@example.com. Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM EST and Sat 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Their website is http://www.postalconnectionsyork.com/
- Invaluable/Auction Zip customer orders are sent primarily to: Postal Connections, Store 223 (USPS/Fedex/UPS/DHL), 3151 Cape Horn Rd, Red Lion, PA 17356, Phone 717-246-3570, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9 AM – 7 PM EST and Sat 9 AM – 3 PM. Their website is http://www.postalconnections223.com/about/
- By Request: The UPS Store #1161, Tel: 717-852-8029. Their website is https://york-pa-1161.theupsstorelocal.com/
- Long-haul large furniture / large item shippers options (we have no affiliation with but they have picked up from us more than once): (1) www.USHIP.com, it’s like Uber for items where drivers bid on your job when you enter item description and origin (17403) and your destination zip code. Their website is https://www.uship.com/ (2) Circle B Shipping DC-NY-CT and Ohio #484-947-6696, (3) For deliveries to California, Billy Mac Delivery in New Hope, PA, email: email@example.com, they have no phone contact, (4) Northwind Transport – East coast to California deliveries #603-491-5199, (5) Country Postman – North East coast deliveries 845-677-1076 or 978-491-9353, (6) Craig Cohen does pick ups here for North East deliveries #215-767-1608, (7) Daks Global delivers to MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, MA, CT/RI email firstname.lastname@example.org preferred / phone 484-879-6678.
*Attention: Please be aware of shipping rules related to the type of item your are buying. International shipping: OUR SHIPPER SAID THAT THE GOV’T INSTITUTED CHANGES FOR SHIPMENTS TO RUSSIA, CHINA AND VENEZUELA AND A FORM EEI WILL BE REQUIRED – THIS MAY DELAY SHIPPING. Also, Our shipper informed us that effective July 1, 2021, there is a new EU and UK rule that will impose VAT on everything shipped there from outside that area. Other countries have restrictions on the import of liquid flammables/perfume (such as Canada), potential weapons (ex. Australia has a variety of restrictions on knives, swords, etc.) and duties. It is your responsibility to know if the item can be shipped to you. Some countries have additional taxes or customs duties due at port of entry to be paid by the buyer. Our shipper recommends Fedex for international shipping because they track the items from end-to-end, whereas the USPS hands off the items to other countries’ local postal service and tracking is lost when it leaves the USA. If that country does not accept it for any reason, it may be returned to the auction house, sometimes several months later, or lost for good. *For coins and jewelry, it is also recommended that you consider using Fedex for shipping.
We have 200-300 customers to manage after each sale and appreciate your patience as we work through all the messages and inquiries that we receive. If you can’t reach us in person, an email may be the next fastest contact method. KeystoneAuctions@gmail.com
The third party shipper returns unshipped items to us after trying to reach the customer via phone and email for at least 30+ days from date of auction, because they have limited storage space. (Check your email spam folder) Verify your phone number and email address on your invoice to ensure it is up to date. Call us 717-755-8954 if you have not heard from the shipper – they are likely trying to reach you but maybe your voice mail is full or the email is going to spam.
Once returned to Keystone, we may make an attempt to reach you and if there is no communication, Keystone Auction reserves the right to re-sell those items to compensate for consignor payouts and/or storage and handling fees. We generally hold items another month and sometimes longer, so please call us if you have not heard from the shipper within 30 days from your payment and are ready to arrange shipping.
Bidders are responsible for noting the condition, inspecting the items or requesting condition report. All purchases are “AS IS” and all sales are final because you can request condition reports ahead of time. We attempt to respond to all Condition Requests before the the auction begins, and we apologize if we are unable to get to yours. Please do not assume a lack of response means that the condition is anything other than as written in the item description or visible in the pictures. Note that all weights and measurements are approximate.
Issues In the rare event that there is a conflict in the sale of an item or a double sale, the auctioneer decides the winner. If an item is clearly mislabeled or misattributed, we will work to make it right. We want you to be happy. It might not be fast, but we will try to work things out, so call and/or email if there is an issue, and email photos to explain your claim. We do not refund shipping; we are selling items “as is” and give ample opportunity in advance to ask for details or more photos. Also, refunds thru Live Auctioneer and Invaluable do not include a refund of the credit card processing fee.
Happy? Thank you for bidding with us! We hope you enjoy your purchases! If you are happy with us, we very much would appreciate a positive Google review LINK and if we can improve or help, please give us a call so we can discuss and try to find a solution.
After each auction, we add our Winner’s email addresses to our Email list to send Auction Notifications. Each email offers an “Unsubscribe” if you choose.
If you do not already receive our Auction Notice emails and would like to, please fill in this form to sign up: